Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Trying to Make a Connection

He was holding her hand in the park.  They weren't moving, but just spending time looking into each other's eyes.

"I feel like we've come to a fork in the road," he said.

"If only you could be satisfied with feeding on my love," she replied.

"I had entered all the data before running the program."

"Perhaps if we took a stroll along the brook, we'd feel like we had all the time in the world."

"Am I just on the receiving end of your stream of conscience, or is this just a monologue you're playing out?"

"I feel we're in the ninth inning, and the lights are about to dim."

"Are you trying to say something witty, because the flowers are withering away."

"I'll go to new heights for you, if that keeps us together."

"There's just no magnetism, no gravity drawing us close."

"Perhaps if the planets were aligned, our love would cut us to the quick."

"And all I have is this knife piercing my heart."

He paused, looking down to the ground, and murmured "But it's there.  No matter which way I turn, the love I have for you can't be shaken.  Your the face I see when I close my eyes, the voice I hear when all else is still, and the presence I feel when all alone."

She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulled him close, and said nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment